Note: These Getting Started Instructions are linked from Moodle course shells.
- Turn Editing On to start building your course. Do this via the turn editing on button on the top right corner of your course window.
- Drag-and-drop files from your drive into desired week or topic area to add materials to your course. Then use the pencil shaped quick edit icon () to rename your file, if desired. Alternately, select Add an activity or resource to add content to this course.
- Move items up and down with the arrow icons.
- Switch your role to view your course as your students see it. Click on your icon (often a picture of yourself) next to your name in the upper right corner of your browser window. Select Switch role to… the “registered student” role from the drop-down menu,
- Once your course is ready for students, you need to make your course Visible. Go to the course administration menu () and select edit settings.
- Change the visible setting to Show and then click the Save button.
- For more information on building courses, see the Moodle Help Page.
Note about Course Format:
There are two options for course layout. Your course now uses the Weekly Format. The weekly format provides a different section for each week, and highlights the current week. By default, it also puts the dates for each week at the top of each section.
If you prefer, you can use a Topics format. To switch to the Topics Format, go to the Course Administration setting > Edit Settings drop-down — the same way you make your course visible (see steps 6 and 7 above). You’ll find this option in the Course Format section of the course settings page.