Skip to content
Scanning to Storage
- Press the “Network Folder” icon on the display panel of the HP copier.
- Press the appropriate folder for your scanned documents – either “FACULTY_STAFF” or “PUBLIC_READWRITE.” The “FACULTY_STAFF” folder sends the scan to \\storage.haverford.edu\copiers\yourroom\faculty_staff.
The “PUBLIC_READWRITE” folder sends to \\storage.haverford.edu\copiers\yourroom\public_readwrite.
- Optional: Touch the white area below “File Name:” to change the default file name. (The default is “MyScan.”)
- Optional: Type the file name on the touchpad. Once the appropriate file name is displayed press “OK” on the bottom right of the touch screen.
- Optional: Customize your scan job as desired using the options on the display panel.
- Insert the document into the automatic document feeder or place on the glass.
- Press the green “Start” button on the right side of the control panel to send the document.
Retrieve your Document from Storage
- Log onto the Storage server using your Haverford email username and password.
- Open the copiers folder (Windows) or volume (Macintosh).
- Find the folder named for the location of your copier (e.g., stokes204).
- Unless you have named your scanned file, it will have the default name, myscan.pdf (or myscan1.pdf, myscan2.pdf, etc.)
- Copy your scanned files to your hard drive. The copiers section of Storage is checked every night for files that are more than 24 hours old. If a file is over a day old, it will be automatically deleted.