Moodle Roster Report
Moodle has photos of most users; individuals may opt to change or remove their Moodle photo. (Learn more about Moodle photos.) While you can get a photo roster of your class via the Moodle participants list, the Moodle Roster Report will help you learn student names, and also generate a printout of your photo roster.
Access the Roster Report
You will find the Roster Report in your Course Administration Block.
- Find and open the desired Moodle course shell.
- Find the Course Administration. This is usual the gear icon () on the upper right corner of your course. However, in some themes, it is a course block on the side of your course.
- If using the gear icon (), select More… from the drop-down menu. Otherwise, skip to step 5.
- You see a new menu with all the course administration options. Select Roster.
- If your theme shows the course administration block on the side, click on Reports and then the Roster Report.
Roster Report Options
You have a few simple, but useful options with the Roster Report.
Learning mode off
By default, you will see all photos of your students, with their names under the photo.
Learning mode on
Turn Learning mode on, and you will see faces without the names.
Get a Printout
You can easily get a printout of your photo roster.