Installing the VPN Client
Before you get started, apply all of the critical updates for your version of MacOS. Software updates can be done through the App Store.
- Ensure you are first connected to the internet.
- Download and double click the Haverford Mac VPN Configurator.
- System Preferences will open and after a few seconds show “This profile will configure your Mac for the following: VPN Service”. Select continue.
- It will ask if you trust the sender, select continue again.
- Enter your credentials.
- Username – Use your Haverford username only (do not include @haverford.edu)
- Password – Use the same password as you would for your Haverford email.
- Click “Install” and enter in your computer / administrator password when asked.
Using VPN through MacOS:
When connected to VPN the Status in your menubar will read “Connected” and the “Connect Time” counter will begin.
Toggle connect / disconnect when you need to use VPN or when you’ve completed your session.
Windows 7 or Later
Use the FortiClient software from your PC to use Haverford VPN. You would only install this on a PC you are using off campus.
Configuring the FortiClient VPN Client:
Before you get started it’s important to apply all of the critical updates for your version of Windows. Once that’s done, you can get started.
- FortiClient VPN for Windows or FortiClient VPN 32-bit Windows.
- Install and run the software.
- Configure the FortiClient software with:
User: Your Haverford User Name
Password: Your Quaker Domain Password
Select “Connect”. Any time you want to connect to Haverford VPN, open the FortiClient software and connect with your username and password
Android (version 4.0 and up)
- Download the free FortiClient App (not the BETA version) from the Google Play Store by searching for “FortiClient”.
- Open the application and “Agree” to the copyright statement.
- Select “Add SSL VPN”.
- Enter “Haverford VPN” for the connection name.
- Enter in the following information:
- Server: vpn.haverford.edu
- Port: 10443
- User: Your Haverford User Name
- Password: Your Haverford Password
- Leave the Certificate and CA Server Certificate untouched.
- Hit the “Back Arrow” in lower left hand corner.
- Select the “Haverford VPN” connection you just created.
- Select “Proceed”.
- You will now see that you’re connected to Haverford VPN.
To disconnect simply select the “VPN” button again and confirm the message about disconnecting.
iPhone or iPad
- Open the “Settings” app on your iOS device.
- Select “General”.
- Scroll down and select “VPN”.
- Select “Add a VPN Configuration…”.
- Select “IPSec” tab at the top right of screen.
- Enter the following information:
- Description: Haverford VPN
- Server: vpn.haverford.edu
- Account: Your Haverford Username (without @haverford.edu)
- Password: Your QUAKER Domain / Haverford Password
- Group Name: “Leave blank”
- Secret: HaverFort004
- Select “Save” in the upper right hand corner.
- Select the back arrow in the upper left hand corner until you get to the first “Settings” page and turn on VPN by sliding the button to the right next to the VPN option.
- Once connected you’ll see a VPN icon in the upper right hand corner of your iPhone.
Note: When using VPN, either when connected to a WiFi or Cellular connection, your iPhone will have a Haverford IP address and enable access to Haverford resources as if the iPhone was connected to Haverford-Secure.