The users directory houses alphabetized folders. Your personal folder is located located in the folder matching the first letter of your username. Only you can access what is in your private folder. You can share files and folders with the Haverford community in the public_readonly folder, but only you can change the contents. The public_readwrite folder provides a collaborative space where you can work with others in the community. Anyone with access to storage can post, read, modify, or delete files in this folder. Faculty and academic staff have additional departmental folders.
- From the Finder, select “Go” and then select “Connect to Server”.
- Enter the address smb://storage.haverford.edu and select “Connect”.
- Enter your HaverApps username and password
- A window opens giving you access to the Storage server. Select the volumes you wish to mount.
- When you have completed using the Storage server, please log off by dragging your mounted volumes onto the trash can. The trash can changes to an eject symbol once you start dragging the volume icon.
- Go to the Start menu and type:\\storage.haverford.edu in the Start Search box.
- Log in as hc\username using your HaverApps username and password at the prompt. Be sure to enter hc\ before your username. For example, John Smith would enter hc\jsmith.
- Select “Ok”.
- A window opens giving you access to the Storage server.
- When you have completed using the Storage server, please log off.